PHONE & EMAIL BID GUIDELINES
PHONE & EMAIL BIDS CAN BE RISKY
FOR BOTH THE AUCTION COMPANY AND THE BUYER. THESE ARE SOME OF THE REASONS:
A. The Bidder has not viewed the item.
B. Bidder is dependent upon the auction representative for a brief description.
C. Item could change in condition before time of sale, due to customer handling or other effects.
D. Miscommunications and misunderstanding.
WE ARE TRYING TO MINIMIZE THESE RISKS BY IMPLEMENTING THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES.
1. Absentee bids placed on the Phone or email must accept the following Terms and Conditions
A. Bidder must accept items at their own risk, as items are sold "as is", "where is", without privilege of return.
B. Bidder must make payment within 7 working days.
C. All phone bids must be called in before the end of the stated preview hours, generally 9:00P.M. EST on the Friday night before the Saturday sale. No phone or email bids will be accepted the day of the auction.
D. All email bids must be received before 12 noon the day before the auction.
E. Bidder must provide information such as Lot Number, Description, Maximum Bid Price, Payment terms, and Shipping address.
F. All winning bids requiring shipping will be taken to a third-party for packing & shipping. The buyer is responsible for working with the third-party shipper to secure their purchases.
2. Should there be a variance in the item from the time it was described to the phone Bidder (such as breakage or missing parts), we will withdraw the bid for your protection.
3. We can only offer absentee phone & email bidding as a privilege and convenience to the bidder without guarantee, and we reserve the right to refuse any and all bids for any reason. If items are not paid for and picked up (or shipping arrangements made), you will lose the privilege of absentee phone and/or email bidding.
4. We will not accept bids on junk lots, track, transformers and items that cannot be reasonably and conveniently shipped.
5. Buyer's premium for phone & email bids is 12%. We offer a 2% Discount for Cash or Check.